To counteract Java's success, Microsoft created the .NET framework, which was a direct reaction. Beginning, it only supported object-oriented programming and was released in 2002. The .NET development platform comprises the .NET framework and several other technologies developed over the past 20 years. With its benefits like UI best practices and acceptance of multiple languages, hiring a .Net developer is a popular choice for web and desktop application development.
What Is .Net?
.NET is a developer platform that consists of tools, programming languages, and libraries to create a wide range of applications. There are numerous .NET implementations. Each implementation allows .NET code to run on various platforms, including Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and many others.
.NET is the type of technology that has the power to construct websites and web applications that helps the business to reach success.
The original implementation of .NET is the .NET framework. Windows allows you to run websites, services, desktop programs, and more. One of the most significant advantages of the .NET platform is how simple it is to connect with other Microsoft products. It's also a well-established platform with solid backing from Microsoft and the development community. Only one IDE — Visual Studio, also from Microsoft — is required for all types of.NET programs.
.NET is a programming platform that includes tools, libraries, and programming languages for developing apps. C#, F#, or Visual Basic are the languages used to create.NET applications. In 2021, the most popular libraries and frameworks were Framework, .NET Core, and .NET 5.
Skills Needed for .NET Developers
1. NET MVC (Model View Controller):
ASP .NET MVC is sweeping the web industry, eliminating plenty of competitors. Therefore, an asp.net developer should grasp web programming as technology advances. With the assistance of this framework, .Net developers can quickly create attractive, fast, and secure online apps.
2. Understanding of client-side technologies:
3. Database application:
Data is one of the essential parts of app development, which is actually for .NET development. The web development team must be familiar with Microsoft's SQL databases and cutting-edge technologies such as NoSQL. As a result, the more a .NET developer understands this subject, the better websites will function and be optimized.
For .NET developers, the Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is in high demand. This talent is valuable because Microsoft develops, maintains, and rectifies it every two years.
5. Microsoft MVP (Most Valued Professional):
The Microsoft MVP certificate is one of the most coveted in the industry. For .NET, developers with this certification require leadership qualities and a high level of expertise in the framework. Furthermore, it improves the project's scalability.
Technical Skills for .NET developers
Let's begin with .NET developer technologies. To be among the most sought-after .NET professionals, you must master your understanding of these solutions.
- Visual Studio —Microsoft's IDE (Integrated Development Environment). It enhances team communication, continuous integration, and integrations, among other things, with a slew of extensions from Microsoft and third-party suppliers.
- NET — This framework makes it easy to reuse your code and makes it more readable. It allows you to separate your application's code from the display layer. In addition, the framework supports a variety of programming paradigms. For example, ASP .NET MVC simplifies the development of HTTP services when developing RESTful apps, and ASP.NET Web API simplifies the production of HTTP services when building RESTful apps.
- NET Core is the new ASP.NET 4. x, compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It also improves your performance.
- Entity Framework is a Microsoft-supported open-source object-relational mapping framework. You don't have to worry about the objects and relationships in your application database using Entity, and you can still get the most out of it.
- Entity Framework Core is a lightweight, flexible, open-source, cross-platform version of Entity Framework that works with ASP.NET Core.
- Roslyn is a platform for the .NET compiler. It gives you access to source code information and allows you to analyze on-demand code. It provides a set of APIs, allowing more extensive interaction with code.
- Xamarin — a platform of .NET developer tools and libraries. Handy, primarily when you work on mobile apps. With Xamarin, it's easier to build native applications with .NET. The platform consists of a base framework for accessing native features, libraries for design patterns, platform-specific libraries, and editor extensions providing functionalities for mobile development.
Is that all a .NET developer need?
There is much more to consider in business practice. Expert dot Net developers should also be familiar with the industry in which they work. Then they will better understand the many projects implemented in a firm. The right technology partner can help you achieve ground-breaking goals. Finding someone like that appears to be difficult, and it is. But you don't need to worry.
Clarion Technologies help businesses create an ecosystem of developers, project managers, and testers. We aim to offer best-of-breed technologies and help businesses to achieve continuous success.
If you are looking forward to hiring a .NET Programmer, there is good news for you!! We have collected a team of experienced dot NET developers to assist you and work on your project. Clarion, for instance, provides a vEmployee model designed specifically for businesses. It's a one-of-a-kind delivery approach that combines best practices, a strong team, and value-adding elements. Contact us to learn more about our network of experts.