In this competitive environment, companies and organizations need to keep their workforce up with recent industry trends and methods.
Training, monitoring, and improving employees’ skills are a vital goal of your business to work towards company growth. If you are still using traditional Classroom training or On-the-Job Training, this task might appear cumbersome to you.
How can you train your employees effectively, also at a low cost?
This can be possible with a fully automated Learning Management System. It is a software solution, used to effectively track and monitor the employees’ training activities. The emphasis is on the eLearning.
LMS usage varies based on the organization's goals and objectives, but it is highly used to track the online training initiatives. Mostly, the videos, documents along with the quiz or evaluation/assessments are uploaded to the LMS and the learners does not just enroll and easily access the courses, but keep the track of their progress and complete the courses at their own pace.
Benefits of LMS
- Saves time and money – Compared to traditional training methods, creating, managing, and tracking training in the LMS platform saves costs and business hours.
- Efficient Management – Ensures complete control over the administration, communication, automation between trainers and learners.
- Easy Access to Information - As the entire information is structured in a more organized way, multimedia content, calendars, evaluations, and archives are easily accessible.
- Personalization – LMS platform ensures complete personalization for each organization and intuitions for their tailored requirements.
- Advanced Reporting –This platform allows the creation, personalization as well as a download of detailed and advanced reports – outlining course completion, the performance of learners, time taken, and many more.
- Immediate and up-to-date content – LMS allows the admin to instantly add the materials or update the course content.
- Multimedia Learning – It comes with the capability of making practical and comprehensive multimedia learning content with text, audio, video, and images
LMS Basic Functions
The following is a few key features or integrations all LMS must-have.
- SSO: So that users does not have to remember separate credentials for the LMS, and they can be able to access and enroll in the courses after they logged into the community or main portal.
- Customized Branding: Some certifications have expiry dates and a few of them have lifetime validity. Sometimes you would like to have the branding of your partners or the organization supporting or availing the courses. In that case, branding customization is required, so that you can easily place yours and your partner's logos and authorized signatures. Also, email communication with learners can use the same branding.
- CRM: It is better to have a CRM for users, courses, and subscription management. Once a user registered to the LMS, you would like to inform them about the new courses, along with quick tips, tricks, and a one-page newsletter with the highlighted courses. Also, you might want to keep their subscription details separate from their learning progress.
- Enrollment keys (role-based, self, invitation): Some courses are free and available to all, some require users to register themselves, or sometimes some internal courses are available by default and users are already enrolled in it based on their roles. For example, sales or marketing should go through the core values and execution plan of the organization or each employee should go through the induction program, etc.
- ECommerce: A payment integration is required to the LMS system so that the learner can purchase the courses which are provided by your partners.
- API Support: To import the external courses or to export the courses created by you. You might want to create the courses into the LMS, but want to display some of them into your marketing or community website, or you would like to pull the courses for your partner organizations instead of creating them manually. Hence, the API support is required by the LMS.
- Support for various document types: Video, Podcast (Audio), Poll, Quiz, Documents, and various types of course formats like SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, Tin Can, AICC, etc. should be supported by the LMS, to accommodate various types of external courses that are sometimes freely available on various platforms.
Generally, LMS has many features and benefits than those listed here. However, these are the top identifiers your business can benefit from a learning management system. There are plenty of LMS systems out there to aid you along the way. If you want a more customized platform for your system, make sure to hire a Software Development Company to build your own feature-rich LMS.